O T:- Oh Do I Respect Your Advice !!!

Indeed not. I don't have it on the screen so this is from memory, but you get a dialogue box offering a yes/no option to search for new channels. If you are not watching as it boots up I guess you might miss the chance to do this. Does it default to search if you don't respond? Can't remember

Yes. Good point to remind people about. I imagine that all new installations will now have two F connectors on each wall plate. If you have a fairly old dish switching to a dual or quad will enable you to have a newer, lower-noise LNB fitted. Make sure you use good cable such as CT100.

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott

Well, after reading all your good reports about the Humax FoxSat HDR and watching some of the videos on You Tube, I have finally jumped in and purchased one from Amazon, who were the cheapest including FREE postage. It has been despatched and should be with me just after Christmas, so I will have a play when it comes and give you all a personal update as to how I go on with it.

Jim

Reply to
the_constructor

"the_constructor" >

I am not sure what countries people who read this group are from so he goes: Here in the UK we have been having really bad weather due to snow now for about 5 weeks. Because of this, many transport companies have large stocks of parcels that need to be delivered in there depots, hence, companies like Amazon have recently been giving delivery dates of after 29th December 2010. I ordered my Humax FoxStat HDR+ 2 days ago and beleive it or not, it arrived today 23.12.2010. Initial comments are that it was easy to setup, with clear instructions. Picture quality seems far better than SKY+. I have read reports also that you have to sit directly inline with the box for the remote to work, this may or may not have been the case in the past, I do not know, but what I do know is that no matter where I point the remote, the box picks up the signal and responds to the remote. I have not got any fuyrther than tuning in and working my way through about the first 20 pages of the manual, but to date, I am very impressed..

More soon.................

Jim

Reply to
the_constructor

Does this use the sky dish?

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

Yes yes, just plug into sky dish let the machine complete the setup and away you go

Much better than the sky boxes

Jim

Reply to
the_constructor

I have a Panasonic TV that has freesat built in. Excellent pictures & three HD channels at present. You can put your own dish up but you must buy a meter, the direction it points is hypercritical. (28degrees east) They sell kits in Screwfix. There's a list of channels here.

main problem I have is there is is no means of recording off the TV. Power is generated in the satbox/TV & goes up the co-ax cable to power the amplifier. frequency changer in the dish (LNB they are called)

The TV has a host of connections including one for computers andethernet which connet direct to a router. But no video outputs.

Surely that is what Scart sockets are for aren't they Jim G1SSO

Reply to
the_constructor