Myson part required

We have Myson LST radiators in part of the house and two of them have the same problem. The plastic housing for the remote bellows that operate the TRV have broken on both.

See image

Any ideas where I can get a replacement. Myson have not bothered replying to emails I have sent them asking if they have a parts stockist, and Google throws up so much crap that its like looking for a needle in a haystack among the search results.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

We have Myson LST radiators in part of the house and two of them have the

Myson eventually replied after a second email. Of course they don't sell the part I need, only a full kit. Quoted £63 plus VAT by local merchant!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

harryagain

How is that supposed to help me?

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Myson remote operatingTRVs are depicted.

Reply to
harryagain

It doesn't help because it doesn't show what I need, and seeing what they look like won't make the £63 plus VAT any more tolerable.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Hard to tell from your post/pix exactly what you need.

Reply to
harryagain

Looks like the full item (rather than just the replacement plastic) is

2TRVADJHEAD, available for £44 rather than £75 here ...

I hope you have better luck than I did from PTS on Myson valves (all the wheelhead vales arrived filthy, they tried to order replacement plastic caps, eventually realised they couldn't get them, delivered a second set of complete vales, also filthy, transferred a third set from a different branch which were finally acceptable).

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks for the link Andy but I cant find the part I need on there, part number 2 TRV LST CAP is what I need.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I thought you'd given up and accepted you needed to buy a new item, rather than a replacement part

Doesn't seem to exist in the tech info

Reply to
Andy Burns

It does exist, Myson sent me a parts list with details of it.

See

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

OK, I just happened across that part number in another of their tech docs, maybe you'd be more likely to find someone stocking the spare part if they also happened to sell the CCKT (close couple kit) for low surface temperature radiators ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I can order the part via my local merchant, its the price they quoted that has me looking again, £63 + VAT. Its not mission critical so I'm holding off waiting for a plumber pal to come back to me. He remembers removing some and should have a good used part in his lock up, but it could take months for him to find it!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike