My ALDI router does not fit the table ! ARGHH help

I just tried to connect the ALDI router and table that I brough end of last year.

Someone suggested it in this group.

I have just tried to put it together, and the router does not fit the table. The table has a circular cutout , but the router is not a round it looks more like __ (___)

rather than ( )

Did anyone else here buy one ?

Reply to
andysideas

lol they are not compatible. take the router back and get you're money back informing them of this mishap and buy another router that'll fit the table. Best keep the table rather than router.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Don't tell Andy Hall but I've got a Power Devil router and Aldi router table and both work well together. The router base is like a circle with two bits cut off. The recess in the table in a circle of similar diameter. You just rotate the router base to best align with the clamps.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Another option might be a Trend Unibase cost about £13.

Andy Hall

Yes I have the same table.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Can you not rout the correct shape cutout in the table? :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Shame.

Reply to
Andy Hall

IIRC this compatibility issue, or lack thereof, was also pointed out here at the time they were on sale...

David

Reply to
Lobster

It is for him, my router fits its a Trendy router. ;-)

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

After reading the small print. My router accepts up to 155mm diameter.

The router I purchased that sat next to the table is 160mm wide ! I am sure that a few other ALDI customers have been back before me.

So do I take the table back, take just the router back or both !

Not sure what was better value, I must say that for =A340 the table seems quite good. The router I think was =A335 ?

Reply to
andysideas

I cant remember the prices but I'm sure both where cheaper than that? because they still have a couple of routers in my local aldi at £19.99 the tables went on the first few hours of opening.

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Yep, you got the prices wrong, table was £24.99 and router as above.