Mira Excel shower pressure problem

We have a Mira Excel shower, which was fitted last September. At the time it was fitted we had an old back boiler, which has since been replaced with a new Worcester combi boiler.

At the time of fitting the plumber assured us that, with a combi heating the system, the pressure would be dramatically increased from the poor flow with the back boiler; "that'll be the best shower you've ever had", I seem to remember him saying.

Well the combi did improve the flow, but by not enough we feel. Also recently, the shower has started to dramatically increase it's flow during a shower (perhaps to the pressure it should always be at?) for a few seconds and the water is ice cold. Then it returns to it's no-so-good pressure. This happens even after the shower has been on for a good few minutes, and happens maybe two or three times during a shower. Invigorating but not what we want!

So, what could it be? Air in the system? Faulty shower/boiler? Plumbed wrongly? Any other ideas??

Reply to
Craig Jones

We had (continue to have) the same problem with our Mira - I can't remember what we had to try but I remember that the MIRA site was really useful we entered our symptoms i.e. after the shower had been running a few minutes there was a dramatic loss of pressure and then found the answer.

We used their contact details and they sent us a new manual and we amended our plumbing which improved it a little.

Sorry I can't be of mor help but start at the mira website

Reply to
rition

Whats the model of the shower? Some of them are quite good on a gravity system but are not suitable for use on a combi e.g. 88EV.

Reply to
BillV

Read the first line, it's a Mira Excel which should be fine on a combi.

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

It's an Excel. The Mira website says it's completely compatible with a combi system...

Reply to
Craig Jones

Ok, I didn't read it properly. I had a problem with a new shower mixer (not Mira) last year. The thermostat bit seemed to be "hunting" and interfering with the combi hot flow. I spoke to the suppliers and they gave me intructions to make adjustments inside to increase the hot supply to the valve. That did the trick and the shower has since been excellent.

Reply to
BillV