massive junction box

For 8 cables in, 8 out, mix of 5&30A, all to be kept separate not interconnected. Is there such an animal?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

In message , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Search on *adaptable boxes electrical*

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Make up your own, using and adaptable box with knockouts. And chocolate blocks. Don't try and use a too small one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

DIN rail and terminals.

Courtesy Mr Gabriel:

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Or insulated butt crimps and proper rachet crimp tool if this is a "permenant" installation.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Or even permanent. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Wago

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Secondhand consumer units with 8+ MCBs can often be had for nowt but I guess might be *too* massive :)

Reply to
Robin

thanks everyone. A box & choc block strips it is.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

What a jolly fine idea. I was just looking at the birds nest in my CU wondering how to tidy it (a new one) up a bit.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Nooooo.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Nowadays, the connection box should be metal to contain any fire, as well as the CU (it is an extension of the CU in this case). Also, more of the circuits would need to be RCD protected.

The other thing I found is that those DIN rail terminals are tight on cable sizing crosssectional area. If I was doing it again, I would probably go up by one size across the board, particularly where they are taking more than one cable conductor.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Know someone who works in HVAC and big fridge installation, is a huge fan of Wago screwless DIN terminals, reckons sees far less problems with them than issues caused by loosening screw terminals and wobbly crimps.

Know your not convinced at Wagos making a tight permanent connection , but how many have you seen fail?

Reply to
Adam Aglionby