Mainline store selling usb chargers?

Are the any "main" stores selling usb chargers like eg:-

PP this comes to £6.00 I wonder if Maplin... (I can't find one so far - hence my post)

Reply to
dave

Maplin definitely do them, one of the lads I sit next to in work=20 bought one recently, but they're NOT CHEAP !

Mine was from ebuyer - branded Veho, and cost (IIRC) =A32.84 plus=20 postage - and allegedly does 500mA, not the pissy 130mA the ebay one=20 does !

Try N69CX, L11BR, N99CJ

Reply to
Colin Wilson

With PP this comes to £6.00

They're around the £2 mark at the weekend computer fairs for 500mA and 1A ones, although that will probably be a non-CE one (with a CE sticker added, possibly). The one in the advert doesn't say what current it provides.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

> With PP this comes to £6.00

Mine came from ebay at 2.50 GBP from seller "phoneaccessoriesuk". Is CE (sticker) and stated current 150-600mA.

(How much current do you need from one of these anyway, for charging purposes?)

David

Reply to
Lobster

The USB 1.1 spec set a max current draw of 500mA - prior to that, several common items, notably the USB "frog" ADSL modem, were prone to pulling more - which in some cases could permanently damage the motherboard (some had non-resettable hard links).

Reply to
Colin Wilson

With PP this comes to £6.00

£3.99 including postage