Machine Mart - small claim

i think the next step is to see if the BBC Watchdog program would be interested in taking this issue on.

-
Reply to
Mark

I've been done over by machine mart but I don't know how to post details

Reply to
FREDSWEENEY

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

:-)

I think the OP did try that but ran out of letters.

Reply to
polygonum

Since what you did to make that statement worked, perhaps you could explain what you mean by "post details"? Do you mean: tell the whole wide world, not just this newsgroup?

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Probably not, this episode has altered my mental rating of Machine Mart from "first few places I'd look" to a last resort, only used if I can't get an item elsewhere. I've not used them since.

Reply to
Onetap

Too late for this, but I stumbled across this whilst looking for something else.

P.21; "Credit notes Customers do not have to accept a credit note instead of a full refund, repair or replacement if the item is faulty; see Your customers? rights on faulty goods. Where a customer is entitled to a full refund, repair or replacement you should not mislead them into thinking that a credit note is their only option."

Reply to
amcmaho

I know the judge in the case wasn't very happy about it, but I fail to see why he couldn't have thrown the above at MM and told them to go whistle.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon