Lots of mist from condensing boiler flue, normal?

Questions from newbies:
My new boiler (Baxi 130HE) has a lot of mist/smoke coming out of flue when the boiler is on. Is this normal? Also the (overflow?) pipe from the boiler drips a pool of water everyday. Should I worry about it?
Many thanks, -JK.

On a condensing boiler it is normal to have a plume of steam coming from the flue, so that's OK. The condensate dripping from the boiler is also normal, and it should be directed toward a drain off pipe to the waste water system in the house, or to an outside drain gulley.
The condensate is mildly acidic, so don't have it dripping onto any surface that is easily stained or burned by bleach or cleaning fluids.
On 15 Dec 2003 15:18:37 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (John K) wrote:

Absolutely. It is condensed water vapour droplets resulting from the normal operation of the boiler. Some of this will have condensed inside the boiler and is collected and drained. What you are seeing is what has condensed as it hits cooler air outside the boiler. It's more noticable in the winter, but you will probably see some in teh summer as well.

Also normal. This is the condensate. It is mildly acidic though, and should be led to a drain or soakaway. If it's dripping onto a patio or something then it will mark it.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Many thanks for all replies.
Unfortunately, the condensate is dripping directly onto my new block drive:-( Seems I need to do something there.
-JK.