Looking for previous link to silicone shaping tool

There was an earlier thread regarding some plastic tools for shaping silicone. It was called Fuegi boy .. or something. I have googled but ... no dice.

From the link on diy, I bought a set (German product) but some kind person has borrowed the tool and lost it !!

I would like to replace it with same. Anyone ?

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Can't find that but have a look at

SJP

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:04:18 -0000, "SJP" head down on the keyboard, banged out this message:

Thanx ..... that looks ok for the job and same price if I remember rightly

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Here it's here

you previously used it and does it give as good a result as it does on the video?

Steven.

Reply to
Steven Campbell

Fugi or Fugenboy...

The former at screwfix, the latter at plumbworld

links here:

John Rumm

Yes and yes...

Reply to
John Rumm

For the UK market, the product is called Fugenboy. For the French and German markets it's Fugen Ass.

I have a set of these and yes they are very good.

The trick I found was to have a plastic basin with water and some drops of dishwashing liquid as a release agent. Then also have some sheets of kitchen paper on which to wipe your (Fugen) Ass as it collects silicone sealer from the joint.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Agreed & agreed. Wouldn't leave home without one.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

at

price, worth every penny.

The JML one is not as good (not crap, just not really any better than cutting up the lids of butter cartons). I've no idea why, it's probably something complicated about alchemy and surfaces.

If you want neat silicone, get a Fugenboy. Go to the shop and buy on, then you'll have one. There aren't many tools where uk.d-i-y says"Yes, pay the silly price for this gimmick, it really is worth it" (Bosch jigsaws, Fein Mutleymasters, Fugenboys, latex rubber tile sponges), but when we do, we mean it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Screwfix sell them

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=Fugenboy

Reply to
stillnobodyhome

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 22:57:31 +0000, John Rumm head down on the keyboard, banged out this message:

Thanks for reminding me of the names to search with.

NG :-)

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P