Looking for a versatile ladder

While searching the web for a suitable ladder for the home, I came across the "little giant ladder". Is this a good all round ladder for the DIYer? Is it worth it? I know its available in the UK, but does anybody know of outlets in Ireland?
Thanks
Mike
snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com (Michael Dunphy) wrote in message

No idea! Why not post the link to where you found it, so we can have a look at it? David
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lobster) wrote in message

Heres the link, http://www.little-giant.co.uk

This one look as if it's made of aluminium - so it's probably ok.
I have a similar one - called an SML Combi-Ladder - on which every rung can act as a hinge, or can be locked straight. It is certainly versatile in terms of possible configurations. The downside is that it's made of steel - and it weighs a ton (well, not literally) - so its weight severely limits its usefulness.
Before buying anything, I would strongly recommend that you try carrying it yourself, and putting it through its paces - rather than just watching someone else demonstrate it, as I did!
--
Cheers,
Set Square