lighting pelmet fixing?

HELP Please!!

I have nearly completed my kitchen its a flat pack from MFI I have just come to fit the lighting pelmet and hit a problem Below is a little diagram! the pelmet needs to be attached as below

U is the unit base X is where i was going to attach the KD block

But how do i do this i cant screw up because the recess is in the way! I dont want to screw from inside the unit and the instructions show the pelmet without have this stupid recess I dont know why they have put this recess on it??

The only way i can see to do this is to screw down though the unit from positon D?? (which i dont want to do)

Any ideas you guys??

D UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ------ l l l l X l ---- l l l l ----------

Reply to
antz

That's the way these pelmets are fitted unless you also have elbow brackets supplied. The pelmet is screwed into position through the bottom of unit carcass and a plastic cover is inserted in to the hole to cover the screw head.

Reply to
BigWallop

You could pack out 'X' with a bit of scrap wood and use long screws.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU ------+--++--+ l l|SB||FI| -------| < long screw l l+--++--+ l ---- l l l l ----------

SB = spacer block cut from scrap wood FI = fixit block

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Is there space for those two part KD blocks with a bolt joining them? If so, attach one part to U and one to X, then insert bolt from rear.

Reply to
Bob Eager