Lidl no longer selling compact fluorescents?

I've just tried my two local Lidls (Bristol) in an attempt to buy some Osram CFLs. I've already got a few and they work far better than any other brand I've tried (posts passim). It's thus rather a disappointment to find that neither are stocking CFLs at all, certainly no Osram, and all they had were incandescents by Phillips.

An email will be heading off shortly.

Do any of your Lidls still carry Osram, or any CFLs ?

Any other sources for Osram in particular?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

IKEA? or any of this bunch

Reply to
Adrian C

AFAIK, those that I've tried from that list (inc Ikea) sell Osram's incandescents, but not the CFLs.

Ikea's CFLs have some interesting small-size formats I've not seen anywhere else, but they're not of the same quality of Osram's for brightness, or initial brightness.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:22:24 +0000 someone who may be Andy Dingley wrote this:-

The one near work had them a week or two ago.

Reply to
David Hansen

I've had good results with the 'Omicron' and 'Megaman' brand CFLs from

Several small-size formats to choose from. Currenly trying some Megaman dimmable candle CFLs - which seem to work well.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

From the very few visits I've made to a Lidl, my assumption was that they probably just bought up things going cheap on the wholesale market at the time, and if there aren't any CFL's at the moment, then they wouldn't have any.

CPC: OSRAM CFL's search:

Andrew Gabriel

Perhaps they have "seen the light"

Reply to
John

I wonder whether they could show the way to Hilary Benn. On second thoughts - forget it - he's a lost cause.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Slightly OT, but I noticed B&Q have what seems like a very good deal for CFL candle-shaped bulbs -

4 for 9 euro, or about 1.50 sterling each.
Reply to
Timothy Murphy