LED or Flourescent tubes for garage lighting

Hi folks. While waiting for the "Part P police" to drag me off to a dungeon for daring to do my own wiring in extension/garage I've got to the garage now and am trying to decide on number of and placement of lights.

Just come across LED "tubes" as replacement to fluorescent tubes but was wondering if they are particularly directional and cast more shadows than the fluorescent tubes they replace?

Anyone tried them in a workshop situation that can advice as to their suitability for said purpose?

Cheers Pete @

Reply to
0345.86.86.888

I have under cupboard florries with dimming electronic ballasts. Fitted some 20 years ago. 'Posh' tubes which are a good match to halogen. All still original despite much use.

Only reason I'd change to LEDs would be less heat to the cupboards above. But only if I could get as good a colour match. Which I simply can't. At the moment.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)