Kreg Square Cut

Just back from a long weekend in Lyme Regis, stayed about 4 miles from Axminster.

Shame not to pop into the Axminster Power Tools shop whilst I was there, would have been rude not to.

Not actually as big as the Sittingbourne branch near me.

Spotted this;

a sawboard for cross cutting, but adjustable for different makes of saw, plus no loss in depth of cut.

Easy enough to make your own obviously, but looks to be a handy bit of kit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Seems like it would be safer if it had a simple spring clamp at the back edge so you could keep both hands on the saw although, looking at this shot from the accompanying video, it seems safety isn't much of a concern:

mike

this;

>>> Basically a sawboard for cross cutting, but adjustable for different

A longer version would be useful for door bottoms, sheet materials etc

Reply to
stuart noble

A longer version is called a sawboard :-) I rarely use a circular saw without one.

The Medway Handyman

You just mark at the edge and not bother with a line across the board, then? Handy enough for repetitive jobs.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I like the look of the Kreg Rip Cut

In the US it seems to sell for about $40, but the only UK supplier I've been able to find seems to be asking =A399!

dan.

Reply to
dent

this;

>>> Basically a sawboard for cross cutting, but adjustable for different

No use on that particular part, but I found

quite a handy US based supplier that will ship internationally. Managed to get some spares for my 1948 unisaw that way ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

>>> Basically a sawboard for cross cutting, but adjustable for different

Yup.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman