Kitchen unit kickplates , waterproof.

While staying in a holiday cottage I noticed that all the kitchen base unit kickplates had a plastic moulding over the edge of the chipboard next to the floor.

After having twice suffered sodden bulging chipboard from leaky appliances I thought this was a good idea but since been unable to find any.

Anyone know where I can purchase same or even complete waterproof ( plastic ? ) kickplates ? Ours is a sort of chestnut wood effect but plain brown kickplates would suffice.

Chris

Reply to
Ozzie

I got the strips with the "kickplates" from MFI with the kitchen, they might do em seperate

Reply to
Staffbull

If you try a local uPVC window supplier you'll find all sorts of moldings and flat boards in various woodgrains which you could use.

Reply to
TonyK

When I semi redid the kitchen I thought along the same lines. I ripped the old ones out and replaced them with solid softwood and painted. Whilst I was at it I screwed battons to the floor behind to support the 'kick' they're now designed to get. Much more satisfactory. Bloody chip, chuck it out where you can.

Reply to
visionset

Just unclip the ones you have and smear their edges with silicon or paint them. Plastic moulding or any edging strip is unlikely to help if water gets on them and stays there for long.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

No I've used the ones which the OP refers to - as somebody else has pointed out, MFI/Howden's stock them, and they are very good. They are purpose-made in transparent plastic, hold the chipboard about 1/8" off the ground and also protect the leading lower edge.

David

Reply to
Lobster