kitchen ring

follow up to earlier post, thanks again people who answered

chose 2.5 ring based on the arguments and I'm wiring it up.

But, as normal, I have my own slant on these things. Its a small ring only for the kitchen/utility room (which is near to the CU), so I'm not so very concerned about balancing as the legs are short and the loading is quite even anyhow.

My approach was not to chase the cables into the wall but to use

16x32mm plastic conduit on horizontals / verticals from fittings and then surround by 16mm OSB board or equivalent. Once its all wired up then I'm tiling over the newly formed 16mm plinth leaving the 30mm pattresses poking out by ~6mm with fittings on front. I'm mainly doing this to hide the fact that my walls are really not very flat and this gives me a 22mm plinth to hide a multitude of sins behind at the back of the carcasses.

Its not the conventional method, but my quick trial with leftovers convinces me it will look quite smart, I'm topping off the plinth with a pelmet of magnetic holders as I got a cheap bulk lot that will look nice and give me lots of storage for knives, spices, holders and whatnot.

But enough background, I do have one question...

I'm running both sides of the ring through the same 16x32mm conduit including running one 2.5 T&E unadulterated through the back of the

30mm pattress whilst the other one is cut, stripped, trimmed, and twisted.

I've read through my books and I cannot see anything saying that I cannot do that, but you guys seem to have an encyclpaedic knowledge of the regs so I thought whilst I'm still early on I'll ask for comments. Better to fix things now then to be shot down by the BCO or P Competant..

On another note that 6mm T&E for my cooker radial is a bit of a shit to work with. Broke my stripper (got another one already from CEF), but hey once its in then I don't have to touch it again.

Once again, thanks in advance for any comments and help!

:) JJ

Reply to
JJ