Jacket for hot water cylinder

We've got a 1 year old hot water cylinder with a good layer of foam insulation on it. Should i still be putting a jacket over the top of it? Are the only ones available filled with rockwool and if so are they well sealed (i don't want fibreglass on my washing.

Reply to
b33k34

The message from snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com contains these words:

Made a big difference to how long ours stays warm even on top of the spray-foam, and yes, they're well sealed.

Reply to
Guy King

Measure your hot water cylinder (height and diameter) before you go to buy it as there are two sizes of jackets. Doesn't matter if you buy one that's too big but one that's too small is useless.

Reply to
Phil Anthropist