Insulate concrete floor

Many years ago I used a material which successfully insulated my concrete floor but I've lost the name and address. Can anyone recommend a suitable material The material was applied like paint and brushed on. Blair

Reply to
bm

No paint is ever going to provide any significant insulation. Polystyrene & PIR are the usual for concrete floors.

Likely a pathetic attempt at spam.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Sounds like Synthaprufe for making a damp proof membrane.

mark

Reply to
mark

Then it didn't successfully insulate your floor.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You are assuming the op means thermal insulation. It could be electrical !!!!!!!

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

It could insulate it from water ingress ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks for all who replied. I now realise that My original question was wrongly worded. The previous job was carried out on an old cottage which had no damp course and I applied a resin to seal the floor and then applied a self levelling material which did not insulate the floor but after lino was laid took away the cold feeling on the floor It was this self levelling material that I wanted to find Blair

Reply to
bm

F Ball Stopgap 300 is one of the best IME. Better that the stuff the sheds (B&Q etc) sell. You can google for F Ball - lots of infor and videos on their site.

I have used that over an epoxy damp proof membrane (painted on, possibly similar to what you have).

But with Sropgap 300, you *must* use a green neoprene primer first.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Any BM or diy shed stocks self levelling compound

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Agreed that is good. However if you want a cheap option, then wickes latex self levelling is ok. (make sure you get the latex one - they do two that look similar). Its not as self levelling as the FB, in that it needs troweling into the right place first.

Reply to
John Rumm

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated Blair

Reply to
bm