Increase water resistance of MDF

I'm using some 18mm MDF to line some undereaves areas, to be used as cupboards. Might it be useful to paint the roof side of the MDF with some kind of paint?

MDF is the material of choice as I have a sheet left over.

Reply to
RJH

Thompsons water seal?

mark

Reply to
mark

Wear a good face mask when working it! It's nasty stuff.

Reply to
Bob Martin

Yes, I gather, thanks. I'll do the cutting outside for this and one of these (valved P2 mask):

On waterproofing, I'll put some seal on the outside and edges as suggested.

Reply to
RJH