How to seal damp shower?

I've tried to use Sealants from hardware stores, but they take an infinite amount of time to dry - infact they never dry and eventually wash-away or dry 6-months later and then crack.
My shower has been leaking slightly for a long time. There is a small gap around the shower basin and the tiles that neads to be sealed with something.
There must be some quick-setting sealant that is 100% water-proof and can dry in damp conditions? I was thinking of filling it with epoxy-resin or something.
Is it too much to ask for a sealant that can seal in non-ideal conditions?
Richard.

Have a look at these:
http://www.sealux.com/faq.htm
Richard Warburton wrote in message

stuff will cure in a Turkish bath. Make sure you use a bathroom or sanitary grade which will be "moisture curing" and sufficiently flexible.

needs a relatively dry surface to bond to.
Epoxy resin would be doomed to failure, it's not flexible at all and would pull away from one side or the other of the joint.
--
Tim Mitchell

I used Unibond bathroom and shower sealant from the local shed. Expensive at 8 quid a go but it's so bloody waterproof it's v.difficult to smooth it after application 'cos it sticks to *everything*. Flexible too, the only thing that broke it in our case was for some reason the shower tray managed to drop a few mm (don't ask why, I dunno yet!) and the stuff stretched and broke the grout on the surrounding tiles resulting in much leakage.....
The moral to this tale is if yer tray doesn't drop this stuff is good! IMO obviously.
cheers
witchy/binarydinosaurs

I used to swear by silicone but more recently have tried Unibond super all-purpose sealant. This is a modern non-silicone sealant that does seem to perform well. 2 baths and a basin sealed up to 3 years ago still fine. Up to now anyway.. just in case I tried it out on relatives first :-)
Whereas a shower tray sealed with silicone 4 years ago has gone that purpley colour so will have to be replaced

I've not come across silicone like this before, it's supposedly designed for power showers (see my rather long and probably boring post today about leaking showers) but this stuff sticks and sticks hard. Normally with silicone you can use a wet finger to smooth it out, but with this stuff it sticks to wet fingers and other implements you may care to use :)
Can't say about its durability yet since the movement of the shower tray broke too much grout that was stuck to the sealant!
cheers
witchy/binarydinosaurs