How to organize shoes?

Hi, I like many females love the aspect of owning lots of shoes! Shoes to me are like cars to males, except I can never have enough. Although after having this infatuation for many years, it seems I don't know where to put them or how to organize them, so it makes it very hard for me to easily access them. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to organize your shoes?

Reply to
Amelda

Take them off, leave them where they lie on the floor and put them on again next day.

Easy!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Amelda" contains these words:

Yeah - you want one of these.

- you could get a bit of 2x2 and drill holes at an angle to take 1/2" dowels - slanting upwards they'd act like pegs to hang shoes on - make 'em long enough so even non-strappy shoes would stay on. Make the 2x2 long enough to reach from floor to ceiling. With dowels on all four sides you'd have enough for perhaps twenty pairs of shoes. More shoes? More poles.

Reply to
Guy King

================ Get your servants to deal with the problem like your (near) namesake - Imelda Marcos?

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Sir Benjamin Midllethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

Ah, a pile for everything and everything in the pile. That sounds familiar - except we have two piles - one clean and one dirty.

Reply to
Guy King

My daughter Becky (23) is the Imelda Marcos of Kent. She has more shoes than you could shake a stick at.

I built her a unit from MDF that has pidgeoan holes 6" x 6". It's 6' high &

3' wide - work out how many pairs that holds! And she still has some in the bottom of the wardrobe!
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

From observation, it would appear to be to keep them all in a large pile and keep moving them around until you find two that match,

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

|Hi, I like many females love the aspect of owning lots of shoes! Shoes |to me are like cars to males, except I can never have enough. Although |after having this infatuation for many years, it seems I don't know |where to put them or how to organize them, so it makes it very hard for |me to easily access them. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best |way to organize your shoes?

Hire a Skip?

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

In their boxes, with a photo of the shoe stuck on the front of the box.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You must organise them on your feet. The left on the left foot and make sure the sticky out bit covers your toes. Ther right shoe, you can put on your head.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Nice troll, but here:

Yep. Put all but two pairs in the skip. Then you have one pair to wear for day to day and one pair for best. Problem solved.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Thanks for your response. That is a really great idea and I'm glad it worked out for your daughter too! Thanks!

Reply to
Amelda