How do I get 2 showers to work at same time off one combi boiler?

Two boiers side by side is not X 2 the cost. A deal can be stuck.

And have not highlighted any or added any value or suggestions.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

If the power fails any backup electic will fail too.

You suspect wrongly. Do you know how big a 500-600 litre cylinder is? And how much they cost? And how long it takes to recover heat?

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

It is not. The performance of eclectic is abysmal, adding to greenhouses gasses and costing 4 times as much to run.

< snip half-baked babble>

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Futile, as you may as well have all off the ,mains pressure unvented cylinder. Hitching combi to an unvented cylinder gives no gains. The cost of a 500-600 litre unvented cylinder is well, scary. Two combi's is cheap to install and will do the job superbly "never" running out of hot water.

Supplying 6 people in the morning. You have to be kidding, no I think you are kidding. I pity the last two or three, as they will not have a hot shower.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Well its not my refurbishment (or yours). If and when there is any feedback from the OP perhaps I'll comment and suggest further. But I do agree that large storage cylinders are useless for multi-occupation.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

That's better.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Probably more than that. The problem of mounting two Romanian landowners side by side on the wall is not inconsiderable and maintenance would be real headache.

Undoubtedly, but which Boier would you stick it on?

Reply to
Peter Parry

A 24kW combi should give you two showers at least as good as the highest-powered (10.5kW) electric showers. In the depths of winter and early spring when the incoming water is cold that means you won't get a very good flow of water at a comfortably hot temperature, so make sure the bath/shower rooms are warm because otherwise it'll be a miserable experience showering.

However if the place is for rental then as others have pointed out you really need to consider what will happen _when_ the boiler breaks down (they all do at some time or other). A stored water system (conventional gravity fed, unvented or thermal store) will allow you the option of electric backup heating for water, though not for space heating. It's anathema (not to say heresy) to admit it but A Certain Person's suggestion of 2 combis for redundancy has some merit, though you need a foolproof way of knowing when one of them has failed otherwise you still only hear about it when they've both gone and there's no hot water or heating and you have to call out a heating engineer at emergency call-out rates. (And you can't rely on tenants telling you that one of the showers has packed up or there's no heating in certain rooms when you really do want to know this: ask any landlord - tenants aren't like that!)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Oh, right, so the power fails and 250 lts (or more) of hot water instantly becomes cold water does it ? You wanker ! :~(

You clueless idiot.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Bollox, buying two combies will not mean you can haggle on price.

Nor have you, other than your pet conbi solution whilst ignoring the real issues.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Essentially

for cylinders a 210L or 250L one. If the mains cold water flow is poor then

This requires 500-600 litres of storage for six people showering with two showers. An unvented cylinder of that size will be well north of £1000. Two combi's can be bought for far less than the price of one cylinder alone, which will do a better job never running out of hot water.

Have you seen the size of 600 litre cylinder? Unvented cylinders require an annual service.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

I did look above. You can get lesson to improve powers of focus.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

greenhouses

You didn't snip the half-baked babble, you left your ignorant uninformed clap-trap in.

What is one of the main fuels used now for the generation of electricity, clue, it's the same fuel that heats the water in a combi....

DIMM, IMM, Drivel, Dr Evil, what ever you call yourself there is one thing that is a constant, you are an ignorant little wanker.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

What is one of the main fuels used now for the generation of electricity, clue, it's the same fuel that heats the water in a combi....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

I'm inclined to agree - especially if they're combined in such a way as IMM suggests. Most plumbers are likely to laugh at doing it that way. And since IMM thinks system boilers are the way forward because of easy installation, wonder why he suddenly needs to complicate matters?

And BTW, if it's such a brilliant idea, why isn't there a system boiler made in just this fashion?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

More figures plucked from the air.

IMM seems to have forgotten about fast recovery cylinders and that the chances of all six people showering directly one after the other remote. They're just as likely to get dry and dressed before the next one uses the shower. And some will prefer to shower in the evening.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just a small point about the combi solution. Could Dr evil tell me what combi boilers could be bought as economically as he suggests. The only combi boilers I have seen ,that meet current regs, are condensing boilers which start around the =A3800 quid mark. Genuine question as someone I know needs a new combi.

Reply to
nthng2snet

It also provides stored hot water in the event of a mains electricity or water failure. Even if the cylinder hasn't fully reheated, it will be tepidly warmer than the cold mains. Although rare, extended water and electricity failures do occur.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If you want / need to go the stored hot water route, have a chat with these people

James Salisbury

..............another half-wit enters the ring.....he has been taking Plowman pills.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil