How daft can yer get?

Fitted a new fog light to the motorhome, having bashed the old one off by reversing into an embankment. Tested it. "Oh, it's very bright! Oh bugger! It's gone out!"

"Blow me down! The bulb appears to have no filament! Oh, wait a minute, it's there, loose in the bulb! Oh well, I'll get another one. Now let me see, 21W, 24V, that's the one! Oh bugger! The other one would be 12V wouldn't it? I am a silly chap!"

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Maybe it was only 6v and hence the blow? Or are you saying you ran a 12 v one on 24 v somehow. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Trucks and some motorhomes are 24 volt

Reply to
F Murtz

On 08 Aug 2014, Bill Wright grunted:

Next time you need to remove a foglight, ITYF it much easier just to use a screwdriver or something.

HTH

Reply to
Lobster

Good tip.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Using a screwdriver is not easier. It's just less embarrassing and cheaper.

Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

More accurate. You stand a better chance of removing the right lamp.

Reply to
bert