How can you tell if new plaster skim is dry?

The new skim in the bedroom has been on for a week, and looks dry to me. SWMBO is telling me that it isn't dry as (and I quote) "when I flock water on the wall, it is absorbed and doesn't bead on teh surface"

Sounds like a load of old tosh to me, but she is insisted that this is what she was told by the plasterer.....

Can anyone clarify please.

TIA

SalesGuy

Reply to
salesguy

Sounds suspicious to me too! suggest that if it looks dry it is. Either test with a borrowed damp meter or if no access to one put on a 300mm square patch of polythene with masking or other (duct? ) tape and see if you get any condensation

Absorbtion seems to me to be an indicator of dryness not damp and perhaps SWIMBO (dare I say this? ) has it the wrong way round?????? Chris

Reply to
mail

She has it arse about face.

When its NOT dry, that happens..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Plaster goes a light pink when dry.

mark

Reply to
mark

Depends on the source of the raw materials used in its manufacture.

Reply to
<me9

When it's still wet, water will bead on the surface, rather obviously, because it's wet and it can't saok in too well.

When water soaks right in immediately, it does so because it's dry.

Reply to
Phil L