Hotpoint Fridge Singing!

Hi, I've got a Hotpoint Future RL175 Fridge about 2 yrs old, after closing it's door it " sings "! I presume it's the door seals reducing the interior pressure, or just leaking. Any ideas, do I need to replace the seal or just join in?

Reply to
rog

Get it on the X Factor, it's got to better than the crap they normally have!

Reply to
johno

A Hotpoint fridge by definition won't be keeping the food cold so it may as well sing, but if it does sing it will no doubt be out of tune and singing all the wrong notes in the wrong order :)

I've an fridge freezer in the workshop, a Tricity dating from thirty plus years ago using lovely ozone eating R12 refrigerant that noticeably sucks the door seal tight on the freezer compartment, whistling as it does. The fridge compartment has never made any noise.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Are you sure its the seals and not something actully vibrating in the device. As you close the door the weight is redistributed. I had an Hitachi doing this and moving it slightly on the floor seemed to fix it.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

ssage

We had a fridge once which had a small plastic clip slipped over two of the coils to kill vibration. Such a simple thing and it worked.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred