Honeywell ST7100 Randomness

We have an old boiler, and an old Honeywell ST7100 controller.

The other week, I replaced the batteries in the ST7100 - the old ones were well and truly flat. Since then, the heating has been switching on at 06:30 some days - but not all days.

Yes - have checked and re-checked the programming. The fact that it is right some days seems to confirm that aspect is OK. And the rest fo the programming is working as expected.

Any suggestions as to why it might come on half an hour early on seemingly random days?

Reply to
polygonum

Do these things have some DIP switches or other means to pair the transmitter and receiver with a code? If the installer just left the setting at default, and your neighbour has one and does the same thing... ...can you see what I am getting at?

Reply to
Graham.

I can, but the ST7100 is not a RF controller!

Reply to
ARW

Does it have options for different days? Keep a log, and see if it is always the same day(s) that it doesn't work.

I once rented a house in the USA which had a water softener, with a

6-day regeneration program. Most strange.
Reply to
Davey

I also found this:

Davey

Absolutely true!

Reply to
polygonum

And 6.30 am is THE defult setting for a ST7100 CH and a HW ON time

Reply to
ARW

As he has business interests in the UK, and is in effect an employer here, he might be breaking various UK laws regardless his actual physical location, nationality, etc.

Reply to
polygonum

Give me a break. I can't be expected to be right all the time!

Reply to
Graham.

Bizarre - my response above was to an entirely different thread. Goodness knows how it ended up here.

Reply to
polygonum

Phew. I was wondering where that came from!

Reply to
Davey

In message , polygonum writes

Have you reset it and redone the programming? (as opposed to just checking it's right)

Reply to
Chris French

Yes - had to reset everything. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

What is the HW ON time set to?

If it is 6.30am than then you are looking at a sticking motorized valve. ie the HW comes on and also allows heats up the CH.

Reply to
ARW

You weren't the only one. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

All morning ON times are 07:00. I think!

Reply to
polygonum