Holes

Help. At my daughter's house one of her (double 5 ft) radiators was loose on the wall and I was worried about her toddler pulling it off and wrecking the pipes.
I took off the radiator and the holes that the brackets are plugged to are enormous (and of dubious geometry). I cannot put the brackets in a different location due to the lugs on the back of the radiators.
Ideally I need to fill the holes and start again. Have you any suggestions on how to go about this - or if there are any alternative radiator brackets available (the radiators have a top and bottom seam.
--

Regards

John

John wrote:

Screwfix do a filled epoxy for high stength fixings - just the thing for holes like that.
--
Grunff

If it's a solid wall, the quickest - although perhaps not cheapest - way might be to enlarge the holes further to take expanding bolts - you'll get them in the sheds. They're just about the right size to fit between two brick courses if this is why the originals have pulled out, and they certainly won't. ;-)
--
*Why is the man who invests all your money called a broker? *

Fill the holes with car body filler - the hard setting one. This will set rock solid in 1/2 hour. Redrill for the correct wall plug and away you go! A 60min job at the outside!
Fill the holes with car body filler - the hard setting one. This will set rock solid in 1/2 hour. Redrill for the correct wall plug and away you go! A 60min job at the outside!

Well, never been asked how to fill a hole before!
For solid walls filler is the usual thing.
Regards, NT
Alternatively..............
Get a couple of wooden battens. Cut plaster back to brickwork. Drill, plug and screw battens to wall. Make good. Screw brackets to battens.

handed the same. i.e.___| ___| This way for a double
| | |_ |_ This way round for a single panel.
Swapping them would make no odds.

There are normally enough slots/holes in the brackets to use a higher/lower hole surely? If all else fails well hardened Tetrion will be fine.
Toby.

Yeah but mine's beginning to sag and getting a big wrinkled & tatty. How much you asking for them?
Choice of colours?