Hip Tiles/Ridge Tiles - Cost to Replace?

Hi,

The roof on my house is pyramid shaped and the hip tiles (I think that's what they are called) apparently need lifting and the mortar replacing as there is quite a lot of loose mortar lying on the roof and also some falling to the ground.

I have spoken to a roofer working on another house in my road and he has suggested doing the job as "a foreigner" which should save me some money, but I have no idea what the proper price should be.

Is anyone able to give me a very rough idea of what a proper roofing company might charge for this sort of work? The roof is 6.1 metres wide and 8.5 metres front to back according to someone who wants to replace my soffits and fascias. There are also 3 similar hips on a separate roof running along the front of the house and then down the side over the garage. I am in the Birmingham area.

I would be very glad of any info or suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Derek.

To e-mail me please remove the big cat.

Reply to
DiddyS

Jobbing builder in Pershore area did similar for me for =A3200. (He used proper roof laddres as well)

Reply to
Bookworm