Hiding pluming pipes neatly

I have a pair of 15mm plumbing pipes running along at skirting board level im going to replace the skirting board when a new floor is put down, I have concrete floors so its looking like box skirting is my only option, I dont like the look of box skirting but its better than pipes, whats the best technique for making a tidy box skirting.

Reply to
Ricardo

Can you maybe cut a chase into the wall and recess the pipework in there?

Reply to
mark.hannah

too late they are already fitted, I have heared pvc cover skirting that will swallow your existing skirting board upto 30mm thick, this would cover my pipes, its just a matter of finding a stockist, anyone used this stuff, or knowwhere to find it?

Reply to
Ricardo

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 02:19:44 -0700, Ricardo mused:

Sounds like you'd be better altering the pipework otherwise the boxing is going to end up too far out and will look an eyesore. You could alter them to drop back to the brick\whatever behind the skirting and knock 40-50mm off the final protusion.

Reply to
Lurch

I always found that radiators & pipes if painted the same colour as the walls were not especially obtrousive. Wallpaper might be a bit trickier. :¬)

or..... polish them bright and gleaming then lacquer them. Make a decorative feature out of them... Works on steamtrains and victorian public toilets. ;¬)

Pete

gymratz