Help! Computer partial freezes - Lateral thinking needed

you can, just google disable Avira popup.

Reply to
Mark

I went to look for it but was put off by this page:-

Geo

Try turning off mailwasher.

The symtpoms sound like mailwasher is monopolizing the cpu or waiting for some kind of event that doesn't happen. The machine isn't hung because mailwasher still responds.

Reply to
the wharf rat

When it hangs, closing Mailwasher makes no difference. Everything else continues not to work.

Fortunately, as reported a couple of days ago, the system hasn't hung since I made a couple of other changes - so I'm hoping that I've fixed it!

Reply to
Roger Mills

sure, because whatever thread the program spawned is still off monopolizing resources. gotta stop it before it gets to that point.

Reply to
the wharf rat

I did. The solution did not work.

Reply to
Mark

So what OS are you using, i have blocked it successfully in W2K and XPpro.

Reply to
Mark

XP Home. (The solution given for XP Pro did work on XP Pro).

I did not want to waste more time hunting for another solution so I uninstalled it and chose a different AV product.

Reply to
Mark