HardiBacker Board

Anyone used HardiBacker board as tile backing in shower cubicle? Tile supplier is recommending using this instead of Aquapanel. Should I nail this straight to the cement wall (which has a 3 mm scim of plaster) or should I use some sort of adhesive. I would prefer to use the adhesive, but dont know what adhesive I should be using. Appreciate any advice. TIA
BIGEYE wrote in message ...

I used dabs of plasterboard adhesive, which comes as a powder. The suction holds Aquapanel boards well despite the extra weight.