Handibot

Just come across this neat tool:

Looks great!

dan.

Reply to
dwtowner

That's amazing! They've actually made a tool that's more faff than a straight router!

Reply to
Scott M

Ah, but it's Digital, so it must be good!

Reply to
Davey

Good for what? I watched the video but couldn't make any sense of it.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

On Thursday 26 September 2013 14:50 snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com wrote in uk.d-i- y:

Sounds like something neat

for your tool

designed in Japan

Reply to
Tim Watts

I left out the at the end of my post.

Reply to
Davey

Among the things that bother me are it's apparently controlled by an "app" on smartphone which we never see, I wonder why?

The development was paid for by some sort of cloud financing scheme.

Is this an actual product, or just a concept prototype?

Reply to
Graham.

I agree with you Davey, minus the

Reply to
Broadback

Whats the point of it? (Looks clunky fwliw)

Reply to
meow2222

Suppose you wanted to put carvings on a wall panel in situ. A bigger one might be good for fitting sinks.

Reply to
dennis

Its a portable CNC 3 axis routing / milling machine by the looks of it.

Better video here:

Compared to a fixed workshop filling CNC machine I could see the attraction for the more casual workshop user wanting to CNC small protects.

Reply to
John Rumm