gutter joint

What do you do about gutter joints when a wall isn't straight? In other words it consists of 2 sections joined at an angle of 170 degs instead of 180. Unless there's some kind of adjustable straight joint, one would appear to be buggered....

Reply to
stuart noble

I really, really wonder if the wotsits rotting my wotsit as sometimes I can barely remember yesterday but I recalled your question was asked before. Google then did the rest:

Subject of course to Andrew Mawson or others providing an update.

Reply to
Robin

An external corner you mean?

Put a stop end on each piece, which may mean you need another outlet.

Reply to
Phil L

Christ!! I'd forgotten all about that. I really am worried that the grey stuff is disintegrating at a rate of knots. Quite a useful thread in retrospect. Thanks for reminding me. Hangs head in shame :-(

Reply to
stuart noble

No, as Andrew Mawson explained, "wall has a 10 degree kink due to property line"

Reply to
stuart noble

You can bend it that much in a normal straight joint, and if not, put a stop end on each piece at the point it kinks, as I said it may mean you need another outlet.

Reply to
Phil L

what you do with PVC gutter is cut two lengths and glue them together with PVC cement.

You can hack a bit off a coupler to cover and strengthen the joint.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's a good idea. Whether a gutter man would be that resourceful I'm not sure. No way am I going up that high from a narrow base

Reply to
stuart noble

This any good?

The Medway Handyman

156 would be enough. This is more like 170 degs.
Reply to
stuart noble

get a tower.

Makes it all a lot less scary

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And 8 years on from the post above and 18 years in total It?s still ok and not leaking.

-
Reply to
Mark