Guts of a dimmer switch

Anyone know where I can get just the dimmer switch part of a mains lighting rotary dimmer switch. It has to be 240V 400W, and it's powering a pair of 200W tungsten halide lamps. I don't wantto replace the nice chrome faceplate if I can just get the switch part.

Thanks

John

Reply to
JK

Genius! I'm so slow sometimes. Thanks.

John

Reply to
JK

You buy one with a white plastic front and swap the plates it. Ensure you get a compatible module, which is easiest to do by buying the white plastic version from the same manufacturer and having a look to make sure it is the same type of module.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I went back to where I bought it and got some spares from the manufacturer - free actually because they acknowledged they weren't up to drving exploding candle bulbs.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher