Grout technique help...

Andy Dingley wibbled on Wednesday 14 July 2010 15:59

Hmm - never heard of those - I shall go and have a look.

BTW - success! The magic seems to be dry-wipe after *about* 2 hours with kitchen towel. Bugger all effort and the grout polishes up nicely :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

Haven't quite got that far yet but have got a bottle of "HG Cement Grout Film Remover"

which is mostly Phosphoric Acid along with a few other acids to try.

HG also have a something that is supposed to be OK on marble/natural stone.

I shall probably have to invest in that as well as there are a couple of rows of tiny tavertine/stone/mirrors as trim/pattern. This stuff is Fatalcoholethoxylate (what ever that is, it's also in the above).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

you can get away with Hcl on unpolished marble. Yes it etches the surface, no that doesn't change the tile appearance if its been tumbled, not polished.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm convinced that a ball is best because it's the same profile whatever the angle. That said, the small half round isn't ideal for horizontal surfaces where water may collect.

Reply to
stuart noble

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I'd be inclined to get a larger ball that produces virtually no radius but would still sit over the gap and follow it. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

It's the ball end of the tool that does the grout lines. The other end would give a very deep (1/4" approx) and narrow line and I doubt if it's intended to be used at all except as a handle.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

just angle the float?

report back :>)

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Tim Watts wibbled on Wednesday 14 July 2010 13:56

Yep - this is a good way. Got all round the bath done and polished. Quite quick now.

Here you go:

Tim

Reply to
Tim Watts

Keracolor +

resistance, adhesion

about 1.2m2 in

off before

inside of the

large section

Seems to have

could have

protect the wood

I will, if I can type after my wrists are shot ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

The ball is designed to tap the glass on the score line from underneath, but it happens to be the perfect size for wall tile grout lines.

Reply to
stuart noble

I think you missed the picture of the tool I referenced:

Cicero

I did :-)

Reply to
stuart noble