Grand Designs again

Yet again the presenter's worst fears don't materialise, and the plucky Brits achieve the impossible. Mrs Tightarse gets her gin palace up a mountain with lots of old wood to prove she isn't vulgar.

Reply to
stuart noble

Apart from a cursory mention of initial (£250K) and refurb (£500K) costs, there was hardly a mention of money (and their kids had wierd names) so presumeably they were fairly stonkingly well-off. What were they thinking of then, not employing a local manager?

Reply to
Rory

their near invisible kids. Our house looks like a tip most of the time with toys and stuff everywhere. Theirs (both of them) appeared to be imaculate.

Obviously they have a better class of child. Or maybe boarding school :)

Darren

Reply to
dmc

"Rory" wrote | Apart from a cursory mention of initial (£250K) and refurb | (£500K) costs, there was hardly a mention of money (and | their kids had wierd names) so presumeably they were fairly | stonkingly well-off.

Especially as no mention of a mortgage, and this was a *holiday* home. Not exactly the same as a static caravan in Skegness.

| What were they thinking of then, not employing a local manager?

She's an Interior Designer and she speaks French.

I don't think she'd have got away with the sound- and fire-proofing under British building regs though.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Since it's available to rent for between £10k and £24k per week, money is presumably a minor issue.

Neil

Reply to
Neil Jones

Well, as you seem to have a 'weird' name shall we take it that you are "stonkingly well-off" ?..

Please don't judge people on their names, some parents just like the older or less popular names.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Or maybe just some discipline.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Well it is called 'Grand Designs' and not 'Back-to-back Designs'....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Hey---it's just playing the probabilities.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

Or Hired Help. Or maybe it was just `FFS, the film crew's coming tomorrow: your rooms; spotless; NOW!!!'.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

Oh come on - only a certain type of parent calls their children Fabian & Felix.

Reply to
Rory

Felix and Fabian I believe

Did you also notice that with the severe lack of bedroom space (only 8 bedrooms), the boys were required to share a room.

Reply to
Neal Harwood

I just looked on the C4 website and they actually 'only' spent £300K - I wonder if this is the first house ever featured on a TV programme to be under-budge? Where did you see/hear then rental cost?

Reply to
Rory

Probably because they are 1/2 way through - the bottom 2 floors probably make up the rest Rental cost here:-

(came via Ch4 website - section 7 services & Supp) Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson

Doesn't the latter come under the discipline heading anymore ?!

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

And only a certain kind of parent calls their child 'Rory', why didn't they call you 'John', after all it is a common name....

As I said, please don't judge people on their names or what they call their kids.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

so what ?

RT

Reply to
R Taylor

I think our kids get plenty of discipline. Having a mother who is a teacher tends to mean they don't get away with much. Still don't believe in having such a boring sterile house though. They are kids for gods sake. They make mess.

Darren

Reply to
dmc

I did wonder if the boys' bedroom was actually one of those self closing cupboards like wot she had in the kitchen, it would certainly explain the lack of evidence of them living there.

Reply to
James Hart

Yes, but they also keep it tidy when ask to...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::