"Glue" Mouse/Rat Traps

Oh that's horrid. Much more horrid than finding half of one chewed up on the floor.

Reply to
Mogga

Nothing horrid about the death of vermin, however they die.

Reply to
Alan Holmes

To stick mice to the floor!

Reply to
Alan Holmes

But just transfer the problem to someone else, kill the beggars!

Reply to
Alan Holmes

The bloody stump prints would be horrid. I think I'm just objecting to having to pick the dead ones up.

Reply to
Mogga

The best mouse trap I have used was from b&q and is a plastic box with a hinged door and ramp. When the mouse enters the ramp drops and the door closes. it then opens again so more than one mouse will fit.

Reply to
dennis

Is the glue strong enough for cats?

Reply to
dennis

I used to live in a row of newish town houses - they used to run from the property from the left - through my property in to the property on the right - using the gap between the downstairs ceiling and the bedroom floor as the run.

I took up a bedroom floorboard. Put aluminium foil on the ceiling run

- hung a second piece of foil vertically with just a small gap between it and the horizontal piece. Mains to the two pieces across the gap and bob's your uncle.

Reply to
judith

Pound shop are doing a Big Cheese plastic rat trap, easy set and a hair trigger gets them every time. but less fun then the airgun

-
Reply to
Mark

So when the house catches fire from a pile of smouldering mice who'll explain it to the insurance company?

Reply to
Andy Burns

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:45:04 GMT someone who may be "ARWadsworth" wrote this:-

Is this for cats which are too lazy to catch mice themselves?

Reply to
David Hansen

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:30:53 GMT someone who may be "Alan Holmes" wrote this:-

I didn't say it was better to leave them walking around.

It will kill them more quickly, but often not straight away. Mice in particular tend to just get their snout caught by one and then presumably they die of the pain.

Reply to
David Hansen

I've only seen one (two actually, babies in the same trap - it must be unusual) which had been caught by the snout. All others have died of a headache.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Good grief!

Isn't it about time you moved to a city top floor flat?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:32:28 +0100 someone who may be "Mary Fisher" wrote this:-

My experience is the other way round.

Reply to
David Hansen

No I've gone more rural - I thinkI need to get one of those catflaps with a camera which only allows the cat in if she's not holding baggage.

It's only been two - no hang on three including the live one. But the big cat jumped on that and took it out for me.

Reply to
Mogga

Perhaps ours aren't as nervous... or more hungry ... or it might be that we leave a baited but 'flat' trap around and not until the bait is taken do we then bait a set trap. By that time they're used to taking bait without hesitation.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well if you have gone rural, you had better get used to the site of dismembered cotrses left by your inhuman(e) neighbours littering the place.

And if you take the myxy rabbit to the vets to be put down, instead of a big stick to thwack him behind the ears, you are in for a big load of mazuma.

Usually they let them go, and you discover their dessicated corpses under the kitchen units in few years time.

The smell fades reasonably fast.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Good, so it will teach them not to come into my house!

Reply to
Alan Holmes

So how do you get rid of them?

Reply to