getting satellite in other rooms

Would any one please explain how i can get my satellite signal to my other rooms i know that the bedrooms will have to watch the same channel as the main tv im just puzzled at what goes on behind the set top box and what goes where. Cheers folks Thanks for the help Jack

Reply to
mead

You'll need a distribution box amp. The Box will take the co-axial cable output from your satellite receiver (that would normally go to the TV) and then amplify this across other co-axial cables from this box to your other rooms. Obiously you'll have already laid the co-axial cables to each of the required rooms.

ie:....

Seamus Mc Loughlin

The simplest way is to get hold of a wireless transmitter - possibly a couple of sets if you want to send to more than one room. I have a couple of cheap (=A320) ones from Toys r Us. It comes with a passthrough adapter to split it's signal from the Scart socket, and does the job more than adequately for my purposes. Some of these will also transmit remote signals back to the sky box, but I don't need this feature so I can't comment.

Be warned that they will get confused if you have too many walls for them to go through, and get really annoyed when you stick a PC between the transmit and receive points!

Reply to
TimB

I assume that you have a Sky system, so see uk.tech.tv.sky

Also see

Michael Chare

My Sky box has an additional RF coax output, so I have one output going to my main TV, and the other one to my bedroom via a coax cable up the wall. No amps required.

Paul

Reply to
Pacman

On the other hand, if its not a Sky box, it probably only has a SCART o/p in which case use an RF link as in the other posts, or buy a modulator which will convert the Scart to an RF signal suitable to connect to a TV antenna input with coax. This is likely to give better quality than a wireless link.

john

Reply to
john