Floor tiling - making up for uneven floor level.

I've finally managed to get around to tiling my kitchen floor while it's clear of junk.

I did it with self levelling compound ages ago now but it's not as flat as it looked, arse. :-)

The adhesive says you can use up to 12mm depth but a couple of rows look like being more than that along one wall.

What's the best way to make up the difference?

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

More self leveling by the sounds of it - you can use that in thin screeds.

Reply to
John Rumm

Use offcuts of tile stuck down and tile over these in the worst hollows.

Legin

Reply to
legin

I used up to 45mm to make up, using Ardurit flexible, or better, rapid set.

Its a tedious and messy process - because to get the tiles spot on involves a lot of squidgeing which MUST be sponged off the tiles.

But if you lay strings and use a level, excellent results are obtainable.

Start at the highest point and work from there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher