Flexible mirror

Wife wants some safe mirror material. It can either be flexible or plastic backed. I've tried to buy it from all the sources that I can think of and drawn a blank.

Can any one help with finding this? (It's for some Scout project.)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Depends on the size you need but IKEA had some plastic decorative mirror plaques last time I was in there.

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

If it doesn't actually have to be mirror-reflective, aluminised survival blankets might have possibilities.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Dave said the following on 23/11/2006 18:48:

This came up about a week or so ago.

Google for "mirror on a roll"

HTH

Reply to
Rumble

It's what she is looking for, but a bit expensive. Thanks for your input.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

You want _me_ to take a third look around Ikea? Just how do you write a smiley of someone being violently sick?

I'll send she who thinks she must be obeyed. Thanks for your input. It sounds like what she wants.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Mumble, mumble, this didn't come up last time I googled, but thanks for you input. mumble mumble :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It has to be optically correct. I think it is to be used for a periscope, hence the requirement not to be glass. In my younger days (mumble 50 years ago) we had to make do with glass mirrors :-( I sometimes wonder just what went wrong during that time :-(

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Couldn't resist..

A view of crinkly bottom anyone :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I wouldn't recommend a Scottish scout troop making glam rock kilts with the stuff, no.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Mm. Depends on how GOOD a mirror you want.

There is a chrome colored model aircraft covering film available - heat shrinkable...you could stretch that over a frame..

I am slightly confused as to exactly what you are after tho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah. My father used to have a WWII era polished stainless steel shaving mirror - useful when flying round the world shooting people apparently.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Did these come to nought? (from Codswallop's reply to your first post):

fred

I had forgotten about that. I'll give a friend a ring, he is into flying model aircraft in a big way.

I suspect that one of the leaders wants to make a periscope for the children to copy. Wife is GSL and recently asked me what the leader could use that was safe.

Reply to
Dave

Many thanks.

Dave