Emulsioning Over Joint Filler

I am presently emulsioning ( white V/Matt) newly plasterboarded walls in my bathroom and having a slight problem with the joins where I used Gyproc Joint Filer which dries a sort of beige/cream colour . ...It takes a fair bit to get to the stage where it stops showing through . Is there a product that I can use to put on as the first coat to kill the filler showing through .? tia

Stuart .

Reply to
Stuart

Wherever you paint two different surfaces side by side (paper and filler in this case) you are going to get a visible joint, the only way I have found around this is to seal the wall first with silk vinyl, which gets a 'skin' over it, or oil based paint, which costs a fortune.

Reply to
Phil L

You MIGHT try a white acrylic wood primer thinned down a bit.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Or even just lightly brushed (I tried it, it works)

Reply to
TonyK