electric toothbrush

We have been bought a Sonic Plakaway electric toothbrush. I thought that an electric toothbrush should be suitable to use in the bathroom, but this unit comes with a three pin fused plug, which I thought was not safe in a bath/shower room. Could someone put me right as as to whether this is safe to use in a bath/shower room. Cheers.....

Reply to
TWEEZER

Do you have a plug socket in the bathroom?

Reply to
Mogga

Is the toothbrush itself mains powered, or is the mains simply for the battery charger? If the latter, charge it in your bedroom and use it in your bathroom.

Reply to
Roger Mills

bathroom safely and that it would have a two pin plug and work from the shaver point. or am I missing something here.....

Reply to
TWEEZER

The message from "TWEEZER" contains these words:

You're trying to apply logic to a situation that's not amenable to it :-)

Reply to
Appin

If you look at the thing with the power lead, and the three pin plug, what wattage or amperage does it say on it?

Shaver points can only supply a small amount of power, maybe your toothbrush needs more than the average shaver socket can provide, so they stuck a "normal" plug on it?

Reply to
Sparks

Made in China. Mr Wong in QA knows UK (EU?) law means all electric appliances must come with plugs. Mr Wong checks what plugs are used in the UK. Mr Wong sees that 3-pin is standard. Mr Wong tells factory to put 3-pin plugs on chargers.

Actually, you see, it is very logical ....

Reply to
no spam here, thanks

you mean a sort of SDS toothbrush?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Or new Ann Summers range?

Reply to
Graham.

There's thought! You wouldn't have to worry about re-charging that, 'cos after a single use you'd only have gums left!

Reply to
Roger Mills

no sense of humour.....pedantic........

%--)