Electric Gates

I have a pair of electric gates with motors badged as Telcom PH 50. They're about 15 years old I think.

Recently the speed of one gate has been getting consistently slower than the other, and this is causing a problem when they close (i.e. they don't overlap properly).

Is there any (diy) thing I can do about this? (i.e. adjust something, top-up oil? etc.)

Thanks & regards

Reply to
Robin

Are the hinges stiff - try oiling every moving part -

Reply to
John

After checking that all the moving parts are moving freely, can you easily disconnect both motors from the closure mechanism if so you can compare how fast each motor rotates off load and also how easily each gate moves. WIth a bit of luck you can reach some sort of diagnosis.

Reply to
robert

The gates were manufactured by Telcoma. I downloaded a manual from their web site. Quite tricky, there is a lot of Flash, eventually found the manuals at:

've adjusted the "Regulating Valve for Closing" and that's done the trick.

Thanks

Robin

Reply to
Robin