Dormer extensions

Hi all we have two dormers one each side of the pitched roof and we are considering extending the outer dormer walls to be above the downstairs brick walls this will mean an increase of about 5 feet in the rooms.. What construction methods to use and where can I find out about insulation and the associated regs, at the moment the construction of the existing dormers of 1960'ish are plasterboard on 3x2" stud frame then felt then tiles on outside, could I use say 4x2" and then 1/2" ply outside that with felt and battens/tiles??

Rich

-- To reply remove " spam "

Reply to
Rich