dishwashers

planning on buying one today, now I've moved the washing machine and there's a vacant space, SWMBO wants to fill it. looking to spend ~£300 basic requirements...

colour silver/aluminium/stainless cold water only full size grade AAA

6 place settings

SWMBO has her eye on the Servis M4608AL

recommendations would be appreciated

thanks Les

Reply to
in2minds

Which did a report on dishwashers last month: ======================

Most dishwashers do an OK job when it comes to cleaning - but once you factor in how convenient and quick they are, our Best Buys stand out from the pack.

Full-sized models

The best dishwasher on test is the Miele Autosensor G 694-3 SC Plus. The filter's tricky to clean but, overall, the Miele's straightforward to use, simple to load and gives great results. It's available from Hughes Direct for £620 or from John Lewis for £780.

If you don't want to spend so much money, you could try the Bosch Exxcel Auto Option SGS56E02GB, which costs £325 from Currys or £340 from Pluggedin. It's a little slow, and not as simple to use as the Miele, but it does clean well.

Alternatively, try the Siemens Extraklasse Hydrosensor SE25A266GB/17, at £450 from John Lewis or £410 from Pluggedin. Again, it's slower and less convenient than the Miele, but it cleans well.

Reply to
Suz

This is the one we ended up with after the Whirlpool we originally bought was found to have 40 volts coming from all external metalwork!

Average wash cycle on ECO setting (the AAA one) is 2h40m, and even the so-called 'quick' wash is over 90 minutes, but having said that it's whisper quiet and gives a good clean - usual caveats about days old stuck on food apply :)

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Witchy

I always buy Merloni (i.e. Ariston, Indesit etc.)

They aren't the quietest by a long shot, but work very, very well. I won't buy a dishwasher from anyone else. The Bosches, Candys and Whirlpools I've used have never been as good at cleaning, and don't even come close in the drying department. I like opening the door and finding everything dry, rather than covered in condensation.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Our Bosch does a fine job of washing and drying except when I ridiculously overload it (which is not its fault) but even then its only a few items that go back in - and it pre-heats the incoming water with the outgoing waste water and the last one lasted 20 years for us without fault and the friends we gave it to have run it twice a day (full/overloaded) for over two years since ! and its still going today......... (we are happy with Bosch at £20 per year cost)

Nick

Reply to
froggers

Yes...save yourself £300, and tell the "other half" to pull her finger out.. Only joking m8...too good to resist

Reply to
Keithc666767117