DISHWASHERS

Is it true that dishwashers have to have a very low draining point as they do not have the same pumping power as say a washing machine ? The reason I ask is because the washing machine drains via the waste pipe directly under the sink and I was just going to tee off into this, but have been told I might not be able to drain the dishwasher adequately. Thanks in advance for any help
kram wrote:

i have a bosh dishwasher connected this way and have had no problems at all.
Paul

all.
Ditto, we have an AEG one, it drains through a standpipe just like the washing machine does - top of pipe is 2 foot or so off the ground.
The old Zanussi drained fine as well.
--
Chris French, Leeds

under
for
D/W pumps are the same as washer pump, so there shouldn't be a problem.

No. In fact, a very low draining point may cause malfunction. The instructions to the machine should give the range of heights allowed. It must be reasonably high to avoid the thing syphoning empty during the programme.
Christian.