deWalt battery connector?

I'd like to be able to power various things (worklight, tyre compressor pump, maybe a radio) off my deWalt 14.4v battery packs, and looking for a neat way to connect to them. Making a totally DIY adapter to the battery packs looks likely to be pretty fiddly and results unreliable.

Anyone come across any ready-made adaptors, or have any ideas for hacking one up neatly and reliably?

Reply to
John Stumbles

How about a charger?

Reply to
Grunff

I use a male lucar, pushed down the side of the connector, works on all the battery types I have, but I don't have dewalt tools.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Check the electric model car racing people. The so called 'Tamiya' connector (Molex) is cheap and does up to about 15A reliably, although repeated plugs and unplugs will cause oxide build up.

Gold 'bullet' connectors are also available.

show you whats avialable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"John Stumbles" wrote

Suggest you buy a charger, secondhand or even broken (ebay?), and use the body of the charger and the connector plates. You could then wire in (for example) a cigarette lighter socket as a user friendly output, there should be ample room in the body of a charger base. Would be worth fusing the output, to prevent a short circuit from popping your battery pack.

Reply to
Toolmaker

John,

Could you let us know how you get on with this project (I have some of the same bats too).

TIA,

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW