Cutting disk for TOMORROW ??

All, I need a 2600mm cutting disk to make the job of cutting laminate stair nosing easier. As it needs to cut Al, I've beenm told they are 'special order' from most trade shops. I need it for tomorrow ! Anyone know an online shop that this guarantee a morning delivery on a saturday ?? Screwfix say it could arrive ay any time of the day...

Thanks,

Reply to
NC

That's one chuffin' *BIG* disk. What machine is it going in?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Must be an enormous set of stairs.

How are you going to get the disk in through the dront door?

Reply to
Andy Hall

ok, ok !

260mm with 30mm (internal)
Reply to
NC

great shot (I resisted the open goal)

to the OP: are there any screwfix counters near you ?

tried your local yellow pages under cutting & grinding ?

Reply to
.

RU anywhere near a

?

Reply to
a2z

The best standard disc for cutting al is a metal cutting grit type disc. These are designed to wear faster than stone cut ones, and much faster than diamond. Diamond would be the worst of all.

Cuting metals causes the metal to lodge in the pits and clog the cutter, and cu and al are particularly bad at this. A metal cutting grit disc will work on al, but will be prone to clogging.

I've not tried unclogging grit discs, but expect it could be done by using it to cut another (dead) grit disc. This will simply wear a thin layer off, exposing fresh grit.

No need for your special order at all.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Sorry - but "what's it going in?" was a serious question. Another is "very roughly where will you want this". Try Jewson's, TP, or similar BMs near you. Ring 'em up and ask.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

260 mm doesn't seem to be a standard size: you could get a 230mm plus saturday delivery from screwfix - or maybe use a hire shop?

Pete

Reply to
Peter Lynch

I take it a hacksaw is no good for you?

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I've used diamond discs to cut through thick metal lintels etc. Was a tip from a builder who also does this.

Reply to
nafuk