Curtain Track - Whoosh!

A little while ago I posted about a broken curtain track cording thing. Got that sorted after thinking about the possibilities properly. Not wanting the same failure to occur on the other three curtains in the room, I did what I should have done ages ago. I sprayed the track, gliders, rollers, and all with a modest dose of silicone spray.

Immediate improvement in all of them - much easier to draw. And, I think,continuing improvement for a few days after. Quite possibly as it spread further and wider.

Wish I had done it ages ago (and I mean several years) - might have saved the broken roller.

Reply to
polygonum

A dab of Vaseline also works.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

"Mr Pounder" wrote in news:ll5hhu$sq2$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Vaseline attracts more dust than a waft of silicone spray,

Reply to
DerbyBorn

And far more silly comments... :-)

Reply to
polygonum

That's what I thought but it seemed not to be the case here.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Spray furniture polish is very effective also

Reply to
fred

One problem though is the build up of dust. It could in the future glue itself to the track, but then if you do not do this, if its plastic track the static generated tends to attract muck in any case. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I'll bear that in mind. Taa.

Reply to