Creda Europa double grill question

Hi,
In a week where everything seems to break down in the house, one half of the heating element (right term?) for the grill has stopped working. Its a built in double oven/double grill appliance, and we always use the double grill instead of single for fast cooked food (and sometimes burnt burgers!). Is there an easy way to replace/fix this or do I need an expert? All advice appreciated (and the simpler the better!)
TIA Darren
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:25:15 UTC, snipped-for-privacy@tesco.net (seatzie) wrote:

We have one of these, and one half of the grill packed up a few months ago.
The cheapest I could find a new element assembly was about 80 quid; I bit the bullet and bought it. Easy enough to fit...
However, I guess if the element wire has failed at the end, the old trick of taking a coil out and attaching to the terminal would work. It had been done in the old element but the previous house owner, and it's lasted us years.
One other point...the two parts are removable. So, if you keep the old assesmbly you have at least got a spare element next time...
--
"Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that
there must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable,

Also look for General Domestic Appliances Ltd, because this is the new name for Creda.
http://www.keepingupappliances.com/acatalog/Domestic_Spares_Creda_98.html
http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/Ezee_FixSparesShop11_Creda_50.html
On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:55:07 UTC, "BigWallop"

:> Also look for General Domestic Appliances Ltd, because this is the new name :> for Creda. http://www.keepingupappliances.com/acatalog/Domestic_Spares_Creda_98.h tml :> :> http://shop.ezee-fix.co.uk/Ezee_FixSparesShop11_Creda_50.html Forgot to say that I got mine from CPC. Took about a week.
--
"Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that
there must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable,

IIRC there used to be a place in Speke, Liverpool, where you could take in your faulty element and they would make a new one up for you to shape etc.
Ideal for those impossible-to-find- brands with no support !